Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading - "Wonder" Edition

I had avoided picking up Wonder, because it came so highly recommended by... well... everyone. But, after hitting Scholastic's warehouse sale, I found it there for 50% off, and I'm a sucker for a deal. So I picked it (and a jillion other books) up. When I got home, I made a pile of the books I was going to read, in order, and stuck Wonder at the bottom. I just didn't think it could live up to the hype.

But, eventually, I made it through that pile of books and all that was left was wonder. That one blue eye staring at me. Daring me to pick it up.

So I did.

And I couldn't. put. it. down. I was up entirely too late that night, absorbed in the story, the varying viewpoints, and the struggles that the characters faced. I didn't finish it that night though, because well, I am five and a half months pregnant, and middle school teacher's start early. So I forced myself to put it down.

The next day, I looked at it, and found that I was unable to pick it up. I had but a few chapters left, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't make myself pick that book up and finish it. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to August, Via and everyone else. So it sat.

For a couple days. But I did eventually pick it up and finish it.

And now I'm sad. Because it's been a week, I still miss them, and I haven't found a new book to suck me in.

What are YOU reading?

It’s Monday What are you reading hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Book Journey.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post and the way it's written!! I read Wonder and so so so miss Auggie!

    The book that I just finished was Broken by Karin Slaughter-adult suspense! Now I've gotta get her next one, Fallen, because she hooked me into it with an excerpt!! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete