Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Monday, what are you reading?

*yawn*

I've been MIA. I'll have an excellent explanation for that, but that's not to be revealed for another 2-3 weeks.I thought I'd ease back into my blogging with a little Monday reading update.

I have jury duty today. So the first thing on my reading agenda was my juror handbook. Now that I've finished that, I'm moving on to "Focus" a textbook for my master's program. After that (first chapter only) I'll be moving onto "9 rights of every writer" again, for my master's class.

In YA world, I still haven't finished "Delirium" and frankly, I don't think I'm going to. I think it's time for me to give up the ghost on this one. Maybe I'll pick it up again over the summer.

One book I finished reading that I absolutely LOVED was "Crazy" by Han Nolan. There was just something about this book that pulled at my heartstrings. (Do hearts have strings? Really? I wonder where that term comes from) I highly recommend picking this book up for any kid grades 7-12.

Now I must head back to my juror duties (which so far consist of sitting in a room trying not to fall asleep)

It's Monday What are you reading hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Book Journey.

4 comments:

  1. Aww - sorry you gave up on Delirium - I really liked it - but it's definitely not one everyone will like. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on Delirium too and I am a-ok with it. BTW, the libararian in me could not help but look up the whole heartstrings thing. Apparently at one time doctors really believed that there were nerves and tendons that braced the heart. They called them heartstrings. Thank you for helping me learn something new.. and WAKE UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! Sometimes you have to abandon a book- I hope you are able to find another you enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] navigation ← It’s Monday, what are you reading? Apr 13 [...]

    ReplyDelete