Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Monday, what are you reading?

I'm a failure at Book-a-day. As I write this on Sunday morning, I'm not even close to finishing a book per day on my break, and school starts back up on Tuesday. But that's ok.

I just got a copy of Lauren Oliver's "Delirium" for a book club. That book is currently at the top of my list, I put it right up in front of all my other books. This week is a busy week for me, so I may not get to any other books this week (it's a big one! and I'm not a speed reader, I'm a savor-er) but just in case, I have some backups waiting in the wings.

I still need to read "Among the Hidden" and the others in that series, I have the Skeleton Creek books awaiting my perusal, and I'm still working my way through Terri Lessene's "Reading Ladders" on a professional level.

On top of that, my master's classes start back up in February, and there will be plenty of reading in those classes, for certain!

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?” is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. The Middle Grade Version is hosted by the ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

5 comments:

  1. I love Teri Lesesne's Reading Ladders! It makes so much sense and I find myself making connections from book to book more and more. It's interesting how a picture book will link to an adult or YA book sometimes. I love it.

    I really enjoyed Delirium and can't wait to read the next book, Pandemonium! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read 2 of Among the Hidden books and loved them! Delirium is on my TBR list. Right now I am reading The Hunger Games and worried that nothing else is going to get done because of it! :)

    Good luck with your classes-I did my masters and then a few years later got my E.D.S-All I can say is it's a miracle that I still have my children, kept my job, and didn't get a divorce! :)

    Shannon
    http://extremereadingandwriting.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delirium is a wonderful choice.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great choices in your TBR- The Shadow Children series is one that my brother and I both enjoyed so much! He made me read it when I become a teacher. And Delirium is a great read as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some great titles on your TBR list. Have you ever tried audiobooks? Though maybe I should make suggestions because this is the first time I've seen your blog. Anyway. Good luck. I'd miss the kiddos ... but it would be nice if someone would pay us to sit at home and read in our PJs, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete