Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Book Challenge - My own personal challenge.

I have a few confessions. Are you ready? Pull up a cushy chair (feel free to conjure one in a chintz-print if you have Dumbledore-like talents) these may not be as juicy as you want, but they'll have to do.

1. I have never participated in any kid of yearly book challenge, ever. I've never been enough of a web presence to have any sort of accountability, and let's be completely honest, I'm fairly lazy.

2. I don't keep track of how many books I read. I just move from to the next like an addict. A book addict.

Juicy enough for you? Probably not, but it's all I have to offer.

So, I'm challenging myself to tracking. In 2012, I will track every book I read. While I love technology, my go-to tracking device is going to be an old-fashioned notebook. Composition, of course. I have a love of those notebooks I can't even begin to describe.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to set a goal? Last year I set a goal of 211 and met it-after reading 57 picture books while on winter break! :)

    This next year I am upping it to 250, and I use goodreads just so I can also keep track of books I want to read.

    Shannon
    http://extremereadingandwriting.wordpress.com/
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not setting a goal. I'm fairly certain I easily read more than 100 books in a year. I just want to track how many I read.

    ReplyDelete