Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Monday, what are you reading?

It's Monday what are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey.

I actually had a slow reading week last week. I get swamped with home life things, and some things fall by the wayside. Reading for pleasure is usually the first to go, sadly.

So, I'm asking for suggestions, instead of telling you what I'm reading. What should I put on my list? I teach middle school, and I've been reading a lot of middle grade fiction lately, so I need to bump up the stakes a bit and lean more towards young adult for awhile.

Hit me.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... well what do you like to read? Ready Player One was fantastic on audio. If you like historical fiction The Kitchen House was both powerful and sad.... if you like dystopia I am liking Life As We Knew It and for comedy Bossy Pants is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not too sick of middle grade stuff you need to read Okay For Now by Gary Schmidt. I bought it last week because LOTS of people had recommended it. I was NOT disappointed. In fact, it's probably the best book I have ever read-and I have read a lot! :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/
    http://extremereadingandwriting.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete